Wednesday 16 July 2008

An Actor Despairs...

Earlier this spring, when I first heard of the casting for the season I posted my excitement at being cast as Mark in "Dangerous Obsession" - partly because NJ Crisp was a great contributor to TV shows like "Tales of the Unexpected". Well, things moved on and there was a casting re-shuffle of mammoth proportions which took me out of that show (the phone call coincided nicely with my setting down the script having learned it) and putting me in "Gaslight" instead. Marcus too over my role, and he was in turn replaced by another actor who then baled out the day after arriving, and with only four days to go before opening night.

This sort of carry-on isn't that uncommon. So we have someone performing with a script, and against all the odds he's stealing the show. So let's raise a glass to Paul Fields, and as luck would have it, here's a picture of us doing just that in the Graseley kitchen. Paul's just visible around my enormous snout.

No comments: