Wednesday 23 January 2013

Trying

I got an email from my agent the other day saying they were "back in the office after the silly season". Hmmm. I thought the silly season was just getting underway again! The castings have started after the Christmas break and so far I've been in for a couple of commercials but nothing else. I try hard not to be cynical about commercials, but it's jolly difficult to commit the best part of half a day for a few moments in front of a camera AND be sanguine about it. I text this much to a chum of mine on the way in and she replies "you have to be in it to win it" which is an admirably upbeat sentiment, and partly explains why she is one of the faces of the Co-operative Bank and the Trainline. Anyway, it seems that Tchibo and Mr Kipling will muddle through without me this spring, despite my best efforts to look like an everyday Joe.
January is a trying month all around, I find, and Facebook makes it more so. It seems I can't even glance at it without someone I know posting about working at the National or Pitlochry, or even with some funky physical theatre group.
Some days it feels as if you forgot to put your armour on. Do you know what I mean?

No comments: