Sunday 25 April 2010

Richard

Richard Talbot, who died last week, was the first person I met when I joined the Arena agency in 2004. He interviewed me in the manner of Frankie Howerd, and of course, won me over instantly.
He was a brilliant conversationalist with a mine of stories about celebs which you were never quite sure were really his - until he'd send you a photo of himself with Judi Dench, that is. He was criminally underused as an actor, but one who got great notices for his stage work and who had a superb radio voice. A mentor to many young actors, he was always entertaining, flirtatious, wise, loved cooking and also found it impossible to be serious in agency meetings. He'll be sadly missed.

1 comment:

Olivia J. Fox said...

I was very sad to hear of Richard's passing. He was of the old school of anecdotes and story telling and had an encyclopedic knowledge of actors. He was kind, witty, talented and a real gentleman. Olivia.